Colonel Allensworth State Historic Park began as a small farming community founded in 1908 by Colonel Allen Allensworth and others dedicated to improving the economic and social status of African Americans. With continuing restoration and special events, the town is coming back to life as a state historic park. Call (661) 849-3433 for operating hours and directions.
A small campground includes two sites designated accessible. One has an accessible table and is generally accessible. The second site is usable. Restrooms with showers are generally accessible. Parking at the restroom is accessible, as is the route of travel to the restroom.
The Visitor Center is open daily. Assistance may be required on the stairs, ramp and entry. Exhibits are usable. Accessible parking is available in both the main and overflow lots.
Historic Structures: Visitors may view seven historic structures from the exterior. Most buildings are not open except on special occasions, and are generally not accessible at this time. Routes of travel are generally accessible to the various buildings. Ongoing reconstruction will include accessibility upgrades.