Fort Ross was established in 1812 by Russians as an outpost for sea otter hunters and a permanent trade base. A number of reconstructed buildings contain exhibits that help bring the Russian era in California to life. The park is 12 very winding miles north of Jenner at 19005 Coast Highway One. Phone (707) 847-3286 for more information.
Accessible picnic sites are located off the main parking lot near the Visitor Center.
The Fort Trail is a 0.3 mile concrete paved trail that extends from the Visitor Center parking lot to the north and south portals of the fort. Accessible parking is available at both ends of the trail.
The Visitor Center is accessible including parking, restrooms and the routes throughout. Inside the historic fort complex the first floors of the Kuskov House, the Rotchey House, the barracks and the blockhouses are usable however, improvements to restrooms and routes inside the fort are pending completion.